More and more people like outdoor activities, but it is inevitable to encounter bad weather. So what should we do if outdoor camping encounters thunder?
- When a thunderstorm is forecast, you should avoid going out as much as possible.
- The probability of thunder in the afternoon is much higher than that in the morning, and the weather is relatively cool. Therefore, the morning is the prime time for mountain tourism.
- When traveling outdoors in the rainy season, it is best to wear rubber sneakers when going out. It is better to bring an umbrella than a raincoat.
- If you hear thunder immediately after seeing the lightning, it means that you are in an environment near thunderstorm, you should stop walking, and it is not advisable to run, wait until the thunder is gone, then you can quickly find a safe place to avoid the rain. .
- If there is a sensation of ants crawling on the head, neck, and hands and the hair stands up during the thunder and lightning, it means that a danger will occur. You should hurry up on the ground to reduce the risk of lightning strikes, and remove the metal jewelry, hairpins, necklaces, etc. worn on your body.
- Try not to bring keys, necklaces and other metal accessories on your body, and pay special attention to metal frame glasses.
- Do not lie on the ground, do not support the ground with your hands, and do not pull together with others.
- In the event of a thunderstorm outdoors, immediately terminate all ongoing water sports such as swimming, boating, and fishing.
- Look for the nearest building for lightning protection, preferably a building with lightning protection device, never stay under the big tree, next to the iron tower or beside the metal to avoid the rain, and stay away from tall and isolated objects.
- Find a low place to squat, feet together, hands on knees, body bend forward, chest close to knees, lower your head as much as possible.
- If you see a high-voltage line broken by lightning strikes outdoors, you should be vigilant at this time, because there is voltage near the high-voltage line, people nearby should not run at this time, but should keep your feet together and jump away from the scene.
- If you encounter thunder and lightning in a lush forest, you should quickly look for caves or low-lying mountain valleys, try to stay away from trees, lower your body height, prefer to get rained, and not put yourself in a high position in an open area to prevent Struck by lightning. If absolutely necessary, you must keep a distance of 3 meters from the trunk and branches, squat down and close your legs.
- Because thunder and lightning are usually rainy, no matter the glass pole or the aluminum pole, the fabric of the tent becomes a conductor due to wet water. Therefore, the attraction to thunder and lightning is more determined by the height rather than the material of the pole.
- Lightning strikes mainly occur from the evening to the early morning of the next day. The south slope of the mountain is more than the north slope of the mountain. The slope on the side of the lake has more thunder than the slope on the other side of the lake.
- Dig drainage ditches in advance around the tent, prepare some dry firewood, put it in the tent or cover it with rain cloth, and put clothes in plastic bags.
Related:wildlife photography tent