Before setting off, you must imagine as much as possible the various situations that you will face in the wild in order to prepare the corresponding skills and equipment. Camping needs to determine the equipment you need according to your camping place, season, and number of people. The most basic needs are tents and moisture-proof mats. If you are close to home, you can use the quilt at home, if you are far away, you need a sleeping bag. If it’s the weather
Cooler requires air cushion or air bed. If you try to drive, the more camping equipment, the better. If you are hiking, you also need to prepare a hiking bag with a good system. When camping outdoors, you need to pay attention to the weather, and outdoor sports are the most important
The thing is to pay attention to safety.
What should I pay attention to when camping?
- Direction problem
Collect maps and related materials of the activity area as much as possible before traveling, and make a preliminary understanding of the major turning and obvious signs that will appear. When there is a contour map, the predetermined route and direction can be analyzed, such as: several mountain ridges to be crossed, several piers to pass, and approximate elevation and descent conditions. This helps to determine the direction on the go.
Second, the waterproof problem
In the rainy season or rainy areas, especially for long time crossings, the entire activity will encounter great troubles such as insufficient waterproof preparation. For example, there is no dry clothes to change, and the camera, battery, food and other items are damaged by moisture. Therefore, it is necessary to understand the climate of the activity area before traveling, and prepare accordingly.
- Drinking water problem
When crossing short distances, if it is known that it is difficult to replenish water, you should bring enough drinking water, about 2 liters per person per day (if FB meals are not required). For long-distance crossings, water can be taken from waterfalls, rivers, lakes and ponds on the way, but the pollution must be observed
Conditions, such as: unmanned animal activity near the water, presence of animal carcasses, presence or absence of feces and other pollutants. When there is a lot of sand in the water, let the water settle for more than 10 minutes. In areas where there are many locusts, use an open or transparent container when fetching water.
In order to find out whether there are locusts in the water in time.
Fourth, the fire problem
When traveling, you must carry more than one fire source, such as lighters (multiple types), matches, scythes, etc. If possible, it is best to bring camping stoves, gas tanks or fuel tanks. When lighting a fire in the camp, pay attention to whether the camp is forbidden
District, otherwise don’t violate the rules except for survival. Before starting a fire, prepare some dry fine wood (slightly thinner than chopsticks), put it on the bottom of the stove piled with stones, and then put thick wood on top, light the fine wood and blow hard with your mouth to burn the fire.
Blow to burn. When it rains or the firewood is wet, you can split the thick wood and take the dry wood from the middle, and then use it as a match light after cutting it thinly (a chopper or other tools are required at this time).
Five, the camping problem
Find a safe, sheltered, dry, and level place to camp. At this time, pay attention to the surrounding environment, such as: whether there are falling rocks, what is the wind direction, whether there are animal nests, honeycombs, etc. Try not to camp on the riverside, unless it is determined that it is a dry season and the water level is not
Will change. The camp should not be close to the water, as there are more mosquitoes.
Six, wild creatures
When traveling, prepare medicines such as cooling oil, wind oil essence, safflower oil and so on. Leggings can effectively prevent locusts, snakes and other creatures from attacking the legs. Snake medicine can be prepared in places where venomous snakes are infested.
Seven, nutritional supplement
In a long-time field crossing, physical exertion is high, sweating is excessive, and the human body is prone to salt deficiency, electrolyte imbalance, and nutritional insufficiency. This will seriously affect physical strength and health, and sometimes even be very dangerous. Therefore, it must be supplemented in time.
- Keep warm
In many areas (such as deserts and mountainous areas), there is a large temperature difference between day and night, and some have a large increase in altitude and there will be a large temperature difference within a few hours (the temperature will drop when the altitude rises, -6 degrees / vertical 1000M). Keeping warm is necessary, especially after sweating a lot and before going to bed.
- Other related issues
- Climbing and descent Unless absolutely necessary, it is better to go around and take more roads than to try dangerous climbing and descent, especially when crossing alone and carrying a heavy load. If you have to climb, you should first remove your backpack, climb empty, and then use auxiliary ropes or straps to lift the equipment.
- Balance When passing through dangerous situations (such as single-plank bridges, wading, cliffs, etc.), you should remember to loosen the chest strap and waist belt of the backpack to ensure that it can be unloaded in time and lose the pawn and protect the car.
- Except for special areas (such as deserts) on night roads, do not take the risk of taking night roads easily. Many lost roads occur when visibility is very low, and night roads can easily cause slips. When you have to walk at night, it is best to have headlights. The flashlight will occupy one hand, which is not conducive to balance protection.
- When wading in the water, don’t wade through the water if you don’t know the depth and underwater conditions, you should try your best to find out. Those who carry beach shoes try not to wading barefoot, because they are easy to slip and puncture, and be careful of the rocks in the water. They are often very smooth and will stumble if you are not careful. In addition, the flow velocity of the water should be fully estimated before wading.
- All remaining visible garbage should be taken away. For long-distance crossings, at least those non-degradable garbage should be brought on until there is a unified garbage dump. Therefore, garbage bags must be brought.
How to equip yourself determines the success or failure of camping activities to a large extent. The following items are indispensable. Here we need to remind those who participated in the camping activity for the first time: not one
A good destination and exciting action plan can turn into a good camping life. It is necessary to imagine as much as possible the various situations that will be faced in the wild, so as to prepare the corresponding skills and equipment to ensure the safety of wild life.
Achieve the desired effect. Due to the complex and changeable weather in the wild, especially the mountainous areas, the harsh conditions of wind and rain are sudden. If you use camping tools with low price and poor wind and rain resistance, you will be exposed and embarrassed.
Worse, and even cause danger. Therefore, how to equip yourself before departure determines the success of camping to a large extent.
- Tent: It is better to choose a double-layer tent with stable structure, light weight, strong wind and rain resistance.
- Sleeping bag: Down or goose down sleeping bag is light and has good warmth retention effect, but the premise is that it must be kept dry. When the environmental conditions are relatively humid, artificial vacuum cotton sleeping bag may be a better choice.
- Backpack: The secret of the backpack’s weight is that it shares most of the weight on the hips. The structure of the backpack should conform to your body structure and have a strong and comfortable belt.
- Fire appliances: lighters, matches, candles, magnifying glasses. Among them, the candle can be used as a light source and an excellent combustion-supporting agent.
- Picnic utensils: kettles, multi-function picnic pots, sharp multi-function folding knives, tableware.
- Special tools: compass, map, rope, folding spade, flashlight, needle and thread, hook and line, machete, camera.
- Water and food: Meats, sugars, fats with high calories, don’t forget to bring salt.
- Life-saving box: antidote, antiseptic, cold medicine, diarrhea medicine, Yunnan Baiyao, analgesic, gauze, tape, bandage.
How to find a suitable campsite?
For the pleasure and peace of camping, even if you are very tired, you must choose a camp site carefully.
- Choose a place with good drainage and try to avoid places with traces of water flow or water accumulation.
- Choose a place that can be sheltered from the wind. This should be judged by looking at the growth mode and terrain of the surrounding plants. If you find that the branches and leaves of trees are leaning to one side, or the terrain forms a ridge-like place, there must be strong wind blowing.
- Try to choose a place that is flat, sunny, and close to water. Of course, we must also consider the factors of a good landscape.
- Riverside campgrounds and valley campgrounds are very dangerous when encountering river waterfalls or mountain torrents, so choose a place with a relatively high terrain.
- Try to avoid mountain cliffs or slopes where sand and soil erosion may occur, and avoid falling rocks or landslides.
- When encountering a thunderstorm on the mountain, you should not set up camps where the rocks protrude, and avoid isolated tall trees.
- The mountainside flat ground is easy to gather moisture, and the mouth of the mountain leading to the water source is often the only way for the beasts to drink water. Therefore, avoid these areas when choosing campsites.
Related: camping tents, wildlife photography tent